This is one of the seven, advanced level nano-courses in the D/OTEC series. It builds on the foundational Communication in Distance and Online Theological Education course focusing on communication-related competencies for educators as defined by the Distance and Online Theological Education Competence framework (category G).
The specific competences developed in this course are:
- Can use D/OTE communication tools effectively (oral and written)
- Can provide strategies to maintain student attention and promote quality engagement in D/OTE
- Communication tools
- Moderating discussions in synchronous and asynchronous courses
- Strategies for facilitating quality engagament
- Cross-cultural considerations in distance and online student engagament
This course is co-authored by Alain Kaobaissi (Cameroon), Eszter Ernst-Kurdi (Hungary) and Dr Will Brooks (Asia).
This is a self-paced online course.
3 hours of learning
ICETE Academy points
Course enrolment key