This is one of the seven, advanced level nano-courses in the D/OTEC series. It builds on the foundational Technology in Distance and Online Theological Education course focusing on technology-related competencies for educators as defined by the Distance and Online Theological Education Competence framework (category F).
The specific competences developed in this course are:
- Can explain the functions of virtual learning environments (VLE) in D/OTE
- Can provide examples of online tools and how to use them
- Functions of VLEs
- Strategies for effective use of VLE in D/OTE
- Examples of online tools and how to use them
- Choosing the appropriate technology tools for context and purpose
This course is co-authored by Manal Mekhael (Egypt), Dr Robert Hayden
(USA), Dr Diane Hockridge (Australia).
This is a self-paced online course.
2-3 hours of learning
ICETE Academy points
Course enrolment key